Friday, November 21, 2008

My day, Friday, Nov. 21, 2008








Well, today I decided to visit one of my favorite thrift stores. They are having a big sale on Monday and I decided to scope it out. This is a big store, I can spend hours here. I ended up buying some items, I couldn't wait for the sale. I found this great vintage party dress, lots of lace, sequins and ruffles. It is from a store called Montaldo's and is fabulous. I will be adding it to my shop, vintagestyle101.etsy.com, as soon as I get some better pictures. Then I checked out the books and found these great vintage craft books from the 70's. They are from Time-Life and are called the art of sewing. But they have a lot more than just sewing. The covers are beautiful too. Great coffee table books or an addition to your sewing room. After I look through them, I will probably list them on my site also. At check out I found this great pair of vintage eyeglasses. The frames were made in France and have the prettiest rhinestones around the lens. Too cool! When I got home my new felting machine that I just ordered on Tuesday was sitting on my steps. I can't wait to try it. I have it set up and looking for something to practice on. Tonight I have some sewing to finish, a fabric choker and a velvet vest that I stamped.

No comments: